I'll be your friendly neighbourhood Exchange Moderator. What does this mean? From time to time I will be performing a pulse check to see how your progress is going.
It seems as though you haven't begun yet— are you planning on continuing, or has this exchange died? Please let me know as soon as possible.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Each artist will set off with a small Japanese Moleskine. Creating a drawing, collage, or painting, then send on to the next artist. Each artist will draw on 3 spreads (3 pages - see below) then send it on to the next artist. When the artists book is filled, it will be returned to the owner with images created by artists around the world. Each artist has a month (give or take) to make an entry. The outcome will be a pleasant and surprising adventure, as artists are encouraged to interact and merge their art with others.
1. The artists start with the small Moleskine - Name, address, email address written in book. You may add a 'sign-in' page to the pocket. Please include instructions for the cutting of your book in the pocket also.
2. Each artist gets 1 month (give or take) to make a sketchbook entry, and mail it to the next person. The order is listed to the right -- for participants in this exchange, look at the list of names under MAILING ORDER. You will receive an address list via personal email. If you ever need to update addresses, please feel free to contact your partners directly! An important part of this project is to discuss and exchange information and ideas.
3. Each artist will do 3 pages. The artwork is to be on the right hand page, with the back left for text etc. After the artwork is completed the pages are cut as per instructions from the book owner.
4. Artists are encouraged to interact with other images in the book. Please be respectful, but also don't hesitate to meld your art with earlier entries.
5. When the book is full, the book will be sent back to its original owner. There is a single rotation in this exchange.
6. If a person decides not to continue, she should email all of the participants to say she is not going to continue. We will decide, then, if we want to find a new person.
7. Please communicate regularly via email. Let each person know that you have received/sent the book. The goal is to have a dialogue. Any comments and questions are welcome.
This moly_x_project was begun by Marty Harris, Minnesota, USA.
Posted by Tania Nunez at 12:11 AM